[vtkusers] Re: Help needed using segmented data

Vidya Raghavan vidya_raghavan at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:11:29 EDT 2004

Hi Goodwin,

Thanks for replying. Basically I need to be able to read in the segmented
data and model it (like the frog example) using the VTK pipeline process.
So, does ITK now suppport this or should I be using VTK itself. I'm a little
confused here.

The frog example reads in data like:

P5
# pgm file written by the visualization toolkit
500 470
255

I don't see any information about segmented pixels at all here. So how does
the program read it and render it?

All I need is a nice approach to be able to read in my slices and to be able
to render a model of that data. Should I be looking at other examples? I
just thought that the frog examples seemed to be in line with what I want.
Please clarify.

Thanks!