[vtkusers] Re: about vtkPolyDataNormals

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Jul 27 06:14:54 EDT 2004

Hi Petru,

By default vtkPolyDataNormals computes point normals. The point normals are
already normalized for you. The normals to points, are the normalized
accumulation of the normals to the polygons that share that point.

vtkPolyDataNormals class always computes the cell normals but will only add
them to the output if you ask it to ->ComputeCellNormalsOn() .

hth

Goodwin

news:410617B6.9050008 at risc.uni-linz.ac.at...