[vtkusers] Question regarding data used in VTK book

Vidya Raghavan vidya_raghavan at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 22:44:10 EDT 2004

Dear VTK Users,

I was looking at the frog example in the Schroeder et al. book, "The
Visualization Toolkit, An Object Oriented Approach" (pages 438) that takes
segmented data and creates a model out of it.

I looked at the data the program uses and the data is numbered as
frogTissue.1, frogTissue.2....etc.

Each of them have content that looks like:

P5
# pgm file written by the visualization toolkit
500 470
255

My question is this: Where is the actual segmented data?? The files that the
program uses has width, height of image slices and the number 255. I don't
quite understand where else the segment information is provided. Can someone
please help me out?

Thanks,

Vidya