[vtkusers] Help with running scripts from VTK book!

Vidya Raghavan vidya_raghavan at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:54:06 EDT 2004

Dear VTK users,

Do any of you have the book: "The Visualization Toolkit, An Object-Oriented
Approach to 3D Graphics"? If so, would anyone please compile the following
Tcl script from the frog example (page 427 - pg 438):

blood.tcl or brain.tcl

To run these scripts you would need frog.tcl, segmented8.tcl,
SliceOrder.tcl, and the data frog/frogTissue.*

I am getting an error when I run blood.tcl or brain.tcl "cannot find
startMethod for reader in segmented8.tcl".

I do think the code works for VTK 4.2, since the CD of the textbook has that
version. I just want to check if anyone else is getting the same error or
I'm doing something wrong.

I really appreicate your help.

Sincerely,

Vidya