[vtkusers] VTK CVS + wxPython...

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 21 09:12:39 EDT 2004

Andrea Gavana wrote:
> The funny thing is that wxVTKRenderWindow works great... I can't see a lot of
> differences between the behavior of wxVTKrenderWindow and
> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor (as Python code, I don't know anything about the
> C/C++ bases of them). I would like to use wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor because
> is more flexible and nice (in my opinion). But it still don't work. I've
> debugged the example in wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor and I saw that the second
> window (the one with title "Visualization Toolkit - Win32OpenGL #1", with a
> cone inside but not interactive) appears when wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor calls
> widget.Initialize() and widget.Start(), but commenting them out does not help
> me a lot... just eliminate the window with the cone and leaving me with a
> completely grey window called "wxRenderWindow"...

This is extremely strange... the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor is working
(and has been working for years) here with VTK CVS and wxPython 2.4.2.4
in a rather extensive visualisation and image processing application on
both Debian stable and Windows XP and 2000, but I see (just now) that
I'm getting the same behaviour as you report on XP, but not on Debian.

I'm on it...