[vtkusers] VTK CVS + wxPython...

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 21 07:28:47 EDT 2004

Andrea Gavana wrote:
> If I run the example in wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor, I get the same behavior:
>
> the first window contains the cone actor, its title is "Visualization Toolkit -
> Win32OpenGL #1", and it is NOT interactive. I can not pan, zoom, rotate
> anything.
> The second window has the title "wxRenderWindow" (that is supposed to be the
> title of the main window, the only one that should be shown), it is grey and
> nothing is displayed in it.
>
> Has anyone already seen something like this? I am a bit confused now, I thought
> that vtkRenderWindow and vtkRenderWindowInteractor should be used together.
> Obviously I made a mistake...

If you run wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py, you should see only one
window.  It seems something is not working correctly on your setup.

I'm assuming you're still running wxPython 2.4.2.4.  Have you removed
Enthought yet?  If not, it's difficult to be sure that you're using the
libraries that you think you're using.

What happens if you comment out the "widget.Initialize()" and
"widget.Start()" lines in the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py example?