[vtkusers] macosX + java

Ferrer Ludovic l-ferrer at nantes.fnclcc.fr
Wed Jul 21 06:29:58 EDT 2004

Hello all,

Few times ago, some succeeded in porting VTK under OSX Panther with
java wrapping and parsing enable
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-March/066029.html)
That's what I planned to do. So, I edited my CMakeCache.txt according
to this post (path and so on...).
During VTK compilation, I had an error concerning jni.h
########
Building shared library /usr/local/VTK/cocoa/bin/libvtkCommon.dylib...
Building object file vtkAbstractMapperJava.o...
In file included from
/Developer/source/vtk-src-unix/Common/vtkAbstractMapperJava.cxx:6:
/Developer/source/vtk-src-unix/Common/vtkJavaUtil.h:23:17: jni.h: No
such file or directory
In file included from
/Developer/source/vtk-src-unix/Common/vtkAbstractMapperJava.cxx:6:
#######
I have looked for this file and didn't find him.
I have the last developer tools and last java1.4.2 tools installed.

Should I download some specific framework for MacOSX to get jni.h ?

Could anyone help me ?

Best regards