[vtkusers] VTK CVS + wxPython...

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 21 04:53:22 EDT 2004

Andrea Gavana wrote:

> Currently I'm using VTK from CVS and wxPython 2.4.2.4, with Python 2.3 (Python
> and wxPython have been obtained using the Enthought Python installer). Does
> anyone know if there are incompatibilities between wxPython 2.4.2.4 and VTK
> CVS? Do I have to upgrade wxPython? Or are just my programming errors?
> Please not that if I substitute all the instances of wxVTKRenderWindow and
> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor with vtkRenderWindow and vtkRenderWindowInteractor
> everything works fine... but I need wxPython because I would like to create a
> GUI and not only a VTK window.

This should work... however, enthought comes with a version of VTK as
well.  Could it be that you're somehow loading the wrong libraries?  It
would be good idea to remove Enthought completely and install Python
2.3, pythonwin and wxPython (and Numeric) separately.  Test your code again.

> Thank you a lot for every suggestion.
>
> Andrea.
>
> # BEGIN PYTHON CODE

Your code is not complete.  I wanted to test this, but there are too
many missing lines.  I would recommend testing with a far simpler
example.  See the end of wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py in the VTK
distribution.