[vtkusers] updating extents after vtkImageClip

Madhusudhanan Balasubramanian madhu_lsu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 19:36:56 EDT 2004

Just found that vtkImageTranslateExtent could do this.

Hi all,

when I clip (xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax, zmin = 1, zmax = 1) using vtkImageClip, the getoutput() method returns vtkImageData with extent values: zmin = 1, zmax = 1.   Since, the vtkImageData output contains a single z-plane in my case, it would be much convenient to me if the whole value be mapped to zmin = 0, zmax = 0 (especially, if I use vtkImageMapper, I can just set SetZSlice(0) instead of changing it everytime based on the z-level).

I appreciate any inputs on this.

Madhu.