[vtkusers] simple camera question

Louis Desjardins lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:31:28 EDT 2004

Hi vtk users,

Just a simple question

Picture the y-axis coming out of the screen, the z axis going horizontal,
and the x axis being vertical

When I do:

Cam->SetPosition( 0.00001, 100, 10 );
Cam->SetFocalPoint( 0, 0, 10 );

I see my scene as I would expect, and I use the y-axis to determine how
close/far I am to the scene (since this is the axis coming out of the screen
for me)

and I want to look at my scene straight-on, so the x values and z values of
both camera position and focal point should be the same, i.e i am just
changing the y-variable to control how close/far i am lookign from

however if I set the x value of both camera position and focal point to be
the same (i.e. say I cahnged Cam->SetPosition( 0.00001, 100, 10 ) to
Cam->SetPosition( 0, 100, 10 ) ) then I see nothing!!
however by adding something as small as 0.000001, everythign looks normal
again

I don't get it?
whats happening?
thanks