[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice: SetOutputOrigin - relative to which coordinate system?

Lindsay Wood LWood at mdxmedical.com
Sun Jul 11 21:47:50 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to reslice some vtkImageData that is constructed using a
series of axial images such that a series of sagittal images will be
generated. The image series that I'm generating appears indeed to
consist of sagittal images, and the volume that these images traverse
seems to have the correct extent, but it appears as if the images have
been extracted from the wrong location in the original volume (they
cover the first half of the volume where I'd hoped they'd cover the
middle half of the volume).

I suspect that I'm misusing the SetOutputOrigin method. My confusion is
as to whether the origin is set relative to the X, Y and Z coordinates
and resolution of the input volume or whether it's set relative to the
X, Y and Z coordinates and resolution of the output volume (specified to
vtkImageReslice using SetResliceTransform and SetOutputSpacing).

If anyone can clarify this for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Lindsay Wood