[vtkusers] vtkImageData memory layout

n.sunilkumar n.sunilkumar at indiatimes.com
Sun Jul 11 01:43:44 EDT 2004

hi vtkusers,

My application requires sharing of vtk data with other tools like RSI IDL iTools....
A frequently encountered situation is that i may need to open a file with vtk functionality and pass on the vtkImageData::GetScalarpointer to iTools using  cpp...

Now RSI IDL iTools follow column major representation for arrays in memory as it has its deep roots in FORTRAN and image processing....

As i am a beginner of vtk i am not sure what kind of memory layout is used by vtk to represent multi dimensional arrays in memory??
There is a to and fro flow of data between the two tools.

can anyone help me how to do this...
plz tell me what kind of issues i need to keep in mind while doing this sort of data sharing with other applications...

any kind of help would be wholeheartedly appreciated.

with regards
Sunil.

Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
HelpClick on the image to chat with me