[vtkusers] Cannot execute cone.py

soumen dey sdcompengg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 08:08:29 EDT 2004

Hi All!!!

I am very new to python infact trying to run my first pyhon code cone.py.

I am downloaded the python source and compiled. similarly i have done so for tct/tk libraries.

I am using MSVC++ ( 6 ) and winXP.
python executables and libraries are at c:\ Python-2.3.4\PCbuild
tcl libraries are at c:\tcl8.4.6\win\debug
tk kibraries are at c:\tk8.4.6\win\debug
vtk libraries (without python wrapping) are at c:\VTKbin\bin\debug

problem 1>
Then i tried  to compile vtk with python and tcl wrapping on....then resulted in error while building vtkHybridTCL.dll,vtkParllelTCL.dll,vtkRenderingTkwidget.dlland,vtk.exe.But all the python libraries are properly build. The error while building above libraris were.......
"cant find XLib.h".....HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS??????

Problem 2>

Then I tried to run cone.py from command prompt as
     python_d cone.py

while PATH contains c:\ Python-2.3.4\PCbuild;c:\VTKbin\bin\debug
and PYTHONPATH=c:\VTKbin\Wrapping\Python;c:\VTKbin\bin\debig ( i have tried with c:\VTK\Wrapping\Python [ source dir] )
 and PYTHONHOME=c:\ Python-2.3.4\PCbuild

but i got the error "ImportError: No module named vtkCommonPython"
running with vtkpython resulted in the same error.

Now will anyone explain why this is happening and how to solve it??

thnking u...

Soumen