[vtkusers] vtkSuperquadric : how to place it correctly

Laurent Mundeleer lmundele at ulb.ac.be
Fri Jul 9 05:51:47 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I use a vtkSuperquadric as input of vtkClipPolyData.
I'd like to have an ellipsoide centered and oriented in a specific way,
so I first create the vtkSuperquadric with a scale in y : (1,2,1),
centered on an origin of my system, and I apply on it a transformation
with something like this :
myEllispoide->SetTransformation(myOtherObject->GetTransformation())
myEllispoide->GetTransform()->Update();
myEllispoide->Modified();

where myOtherObject is an other object who has moved correctly from the
origin of my system after been transformed in another part of the code,
before I get his transformation for myEllispoide. GetTransformation()
send a vtkAbstractTransform* who as been used to move the object.
But myEllispoide don't move at all.

Do I do something wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Best Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Mundeleer
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Service des Systèmes Logiques et Numériques (SLN) CP165/57
50, Av. F.Roosevelt
1050 Bruxelles
Belgium
tel : ++32.2.650.22.97