[vtkusers] Re: How to delete cells from vtkPolyData

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Jul 8 22:36:19 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have a class that "really removes the cell"...
http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkRemoveCellsFilter.htm

I have an updated version of this class with some bug fixes and it is now a
subclass of vtkCellsFilter. There also a new class vtkSelectCellsFilter.
I'll upload these later on Friday.

Goodwin

"Hualiang Zhong" <hzhong at imaging.robarts.ca> wrote in message
news:001a01c46592$77ec9340$292814c6 at irus.robarts.ca...
Hi all,

I am wondering anybody know how to delete a cell from vtkPolyData?
Its DeleteCell(i) method only marks the cell type as VTK_EMPTY_CELL, but I
still don't know how to really remove the cell from the polydata before I
visualize it.

Thanks for all sugestions!

Hualiang Zhong