[vtkusers] Linking problems - vtkRendering.lib

David Thompson scoop_thompson at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 5 09:34:53 EDT 2004

Hi, I am having some problems getting some code which compiled and ran fine, however we have recently reinstalled Visual C++ 6.0 and rebuilt VTK (the same version we used before). I can't think of what changed when I did either of those two things. Has anyone seen the fololowing messages?? Thanks!

--------------------Configuration: Win32 App - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRT" conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
vtkRendering.lib(vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "public: float __thiscall
FTFont::Advance(char const *)" (?Advance at FTFont@@QAEMPBD at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall FTFont::BBox(char
const *,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &)"
(?BBox at FTFont@@QAEXPBDAAM11111 at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeFontCache.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: static void __cdecl
FTLibraryCleanup::AddDependency(void (__cdecl*)(void))"
(?AddDependency at FTLibraryCleanup@@SAXP6AXXZ at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeFontCache.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: bool __thiscall FTFont::FaceSize(unsigned
int,unsigned int)" (?FaceSize at FTFont@@QAE_NII at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeFontCache.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: bool __thiscall FTFont::Attach(char const *)"
(?Attach at FTFont@@QAE_NPBD at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeFontCache.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: bool __thiscall FTFont::Open(char const
*,bool)" (?Open at FTFont@@QAE_NPBD_N at Z)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeFontCache.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: __thiscall
FTGLBitmapFont::FTGLBitmapFont(void)" (??0FTGLBitmapFont@@QAE at XZ)
vtkRendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeFontCache.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: __thiscall
FTGLPixmapFont::FTGLPixmapFont(void)" (??0FTGLPixmapFont@@QAE at XZ)
Debug/Win32 App.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Win32 App.exe - 9 error(s), 1 warning(s)