[vtkusers] camera movement

Thomas Faust tf at thermoanalytics.com
Fri Jul 2 09:19:16 EDT 2004

Hi vtk-users.

I'm trying to improve the interactorstyle to match the requirements we have.
The rotation of the camera is basicly the same than in
vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera. But the Rotation() in this class have to be
adjusted a little bit.

If the user moves the mouse vertical the camera should move around the vocal
point (which ist the middle of the users part of interest) only in
Z-direction.
And a horizontal moouse movement should move the mouse in X-Y-direction.

(For this reason, the functions Azimuth() and Elevation() are not very
usefull)

Can anybody give me a usefull algorithm to move my camera in the right
directions?

Thanks, Tom