[vtkusers] Problem with libvtkfreetype / Usage of system's 'freetype'-library?

Jens Fisseler fisseler at rob.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Jul 1 10:48:53 EDT 2004

Hi everybody!

I'm wondering if it is possible (or planned) to use the system
'freetype'-library with VTK, like it can be done with libjpeg, libpng
etc.

My question stems from the fact that it took me nearly a day to track
down a bug and integrate quite a recent version of libfreetype (2.1.5,
as this matches the one installed on my system) into the
VTK-4.4-Sources. Originally I was trying to get wxGTK-2.4.2 (with
gtk+-2.4) and Mathieu Malaterre's wxVTK-0.7 to work, which I couldn't
before upgrading VTK's 'freetype'-library. I suppose something must have
changed between freetype-2.1.1 used by VTK-4.4 (and VTK-CVS) and more
recent versions. I don't know whether it's only the 'freetype'-library
or also other things, but I'm wondering if other users have had problems
with VTK and freetype or only me?

Regards,

	Jens