[vtkusers] VTK + ShearWarp Algorithm (new binding to vtk 4.2.5)

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Jan 28 09:33:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 15:07, John Biddiscombe wrote:
> This is great. I've also had a play with the shear warp code posted about 6
> months ago or thereabouts. I've just integrated your changes into the
> current CVS head branch (float->double for some API stuff). The tests are
> working ok. I was unable to contact the original authors last time I tried
> to email them, but assuming they and you consent - should I commit this
> stuff to cvs so that its easier to make fixes and keep things
> synchronized/uptodate ?

Last time I had a look at this code, I couldn't find the license
anywhere.  Let's hope that if the authors respond that the license is
compatible with VTK, because a good Shear Warp implementation would be
most welcome.

I'm also planning to contribute the ShellSplatter interactive
splatting-based volume renderer to VTK soon:
http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/publications/botha2003/