[vtkusers] vtkimageplanewidget and vtkactor in huge datasets - part 2

Oliver Weinheimer mail at oliwe.com
Mon Jan 26 10:46:26 EST 2004

Hi all,

i tested my application on a win xp system and everything works fine - so
it's maybe a problem with win nt?

regards
oliwe

---------------

Hi all,

i'm woking with the vtkimageplanewidget with vtk 4.2.1 and BCB 6.0 and Win
Nt 4.0.
the visualization with vtkimageplanewidget works fine. I'm using the
TvtkBorlandRenderWindow.
I created 3 planes like this one:

planeWidgetZ = vtkImagePlaneWidget::New();

planeWidgetZ->SetInteractor(vtkWindow1->GetRenderWindow()->GetInteractor());
    planeWidgetZ->DisplayTextOn();
    planeWidgetZ->SetLookupTable(bwLut);
    planeWidgetZ->SetInput(importer->GetOutput());
    planeWidgetZ->SetPlaneOrientationToYAxes();
    planeWidgetZ->SetSliceIndex(2);
    planeWidgetZ->GetPlaneProperty()->SetColor(0,1,0);
    planeWidgetZ->SetKeyPressActivationValue('x');
    planeWidgetZ->RestrictPlaneToVolumeOn();
    planeWidgetZ->On();

after this, i added an actor to the the same renderer

  vtkRenderer *aRenderer = vtkWindow1->GetRenderer();
  aRenderer->AddActor(actor1);

everything works fine in a dataset of 512x512x12 voxels - but the mouse
interaction (left mouse button and middle mouse button)
crashs my application if i do the same things in a huge dataset (512x512x129
voxel) ...

Could somebody help me? Any ideas?

regards
oliwe