[vtkusers] Preserve data corresponding to hidden polygons/areas

Mayuresh Dalal mayur_vtk at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 18:11:46 EST 2004

I really need some help. I am rephrasing the question that I had previously
asked

I want to render 2 objects. Areas of object 2 are occluded behind object 1.
I want to preserve the data corresponding to the OCCLUDED areas, which are
traditionally eliminated / overwritten in the frame buffer. I want to
preserve the data so that I can use it when looking at the same 2 objects
from a different camera position.

This is similar to the "Layered Depth  Images" approach.

I am trying to write a class in C++ which will extract this info.

Is this even possible?

I will appreciate the help.

thank you in advance