[vtkusers] Mouse wheel support in VTK

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Jan 23 12:56:58 EST 2004

Hi all,

	A long time ago I sent to the vtkusers list, a patch to support mouse
wheel event in VTK, but I couldn't test it under Mac. After a lot of
problems and a lots of help from Chris Scharver I was able to verify it
worked under Mac + Cocoa.

	So this patch has been successfully tested under:

- Unix/ Linux (including Tcl)
- Windows 2000 and XP
- Mac Cocoa
- Mac Carbon

	Also for the Unix port, there is an interesting thread I had with Charl
P. Botha, which explains how this event is -badly- handled under X11:
	http://vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-August/019537.html

	I also attached to this mail an example in Tcl, python and cxx.

	I would like to apply it sometime next week. Comments /suggestions
welcome. Maybe the convention can be inverted, I choose to call
'Forward' an event when 'scrolling up' the mouse wheel.

Thanks,
Mathieu