[vtkusers] Multiple wxVTKRenderWindow: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Thu Jan 22 05:44:05 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 11:32, Uwe Rempler wrote:
> is here anybody who accomplished opening more than one VTKRenderWindow()
> from inside one application (whatever language or GUI you are using)?
> already had a similar problem using Tkinter() for GUI...
> PLEASE HELP - don't know how to handle this  error - i'm really totally
> at a loss

Your app works perfectly here, I opened 4 or 5 renderwindows without any
problems.  VTK CVS 2003/12/15 (or something like that), Python 2.2,
Debian.  In my software, I routinely have numerous
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractors active, on Debian, Mandrake and Windows XP
and 2000.

Perhaps a backtrace will point out the problem in your setup.