[vtkusers] Displaying large images in a MFC/VTK application

PHAM Quoc-Cuong 203899 PHAM at ortolan.cea.fr
Mon Jan 19 08:58:27 EST 2004

Dear vtk users,

I use a vtkImageViewer in a MFC/VTK application to display large images
(3000 x 2000) with some features such as scrolling and mouse interaction.
The interaction is managed with vtkInteractorStyleUser and the messages are
passed to vtk by WindowProc.

In my derived class CScrollView, I tried 2 ways to associate the render
window and the MFC view window:
A) with SetParentId(HWND) -> everything works fine with images of reasonable
size (< 1280 x 1024), but becomes incredibly slow in the case of large
images / or the application crashes depending on the graphics card,
B) with SetWindowId(HWND) -> the display of large images is ok, but I loose
the expected interactions (scrolling and wrong coordinates returned by
vtkInteractorStyle::OnMouseMove()).

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks,
==
Quoc Cuong PHAM
CEA/DRT/LIST/DTSI/SLA/LCEI
CEA Saclay F-91191 GIF sur Yvette Cedex France
tel : +33 (0)1 69 08 82 98
fax : +33 (0)1 69 08 83 95
mail : quoc-cuong.pham at cea.fr