[vtkusers] vtk-4.2.5 and VTK4 CVS problems

Michael Halle mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 17 12:26:00 EST 2004

I went to compile vtk 4.2.5 last night under
what I thought would be a relatively "safe"
MacOS X build:  X11 support and a UNIX Tcl/Tk
and Python (not Tcl/Tk).  I've done so before,
and it's worked fine.

The build succeeds, but Python can't run because
vtkCommonPythonInit.cxx gets generated but doesn't
get compiled (there's no .o, and it isn't in
the Makefile or the library).  All the Python
wrappers do get generated and compiled.

In the Tcl world, things compile fine, but source
files such as Example/Tutorial's Cone6.tcl produce
a blank white window.  If I source the file, I
can type "renWin Render" and the image appears,
but I can't interact with the widget at all.

I'm running 10.3.2 (Panther), XCode 1.1 (gcc 3.3),
on a PBG4 with ATI 9600 graphics.

Thanks for any insight anyone might be able to give.

Michael Halle
mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu