[vtkusers] Installing VTK

Chris Hughes chughes at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 09:05:22 EST 2004

Hi all!

 I really hope that someone can help me here! I am trying to install VTK
onto an SGI Altix 3000. I have successfully installed CMAKE and this
appears to work. However when I try to use CMAKE to build VTK, I get the
following output:

__

-- Check for working C compiler: ecc -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands - done
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/VTK/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:7:
LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load the library
/usr/local/VTK/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so failed. Additional error info
is:
/usr/local/VTK/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/VTK/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:17:
A command failed during the invocation of macro
"VTK_LOAD_SINGLE_CMAKE_EXTENSION".
-- Configuring done
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

__

even though libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so definitely exists at this location.
Any ideas?

Chris Hughes