[vtkusers] expose slowness under X windows

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 14 13:24:10 EST 2004

    Mathieu> John, Your python script works very fast on my linux box:
    Mathieu> Using ATI latest binary -closed source- driver. Are you
    Mathieu> sure you are not using software rendering (mesa) ?

When I print my render window, I get

render window : vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow
renderer      : vtkOpenGLRenderer
interactor    : vtkXRenderWindowInteractor

I read this to mean I'm doing hardware rendering.  Is this correct?

And I can interact with my data at very high speed as long as I don't
need to switch between my render window and other overlapping X
windows, which also makes me believe that hardware rendering is
working.

Cheers,
John Hunter