[vtkusers] Building VTK 4.4 on Mac OS X 10.2.6 (illegal reference to symbol: _crc32)

Gordon Kindlmann gk at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jan 13 19:18:42 EST 2004

hi,

> 	Could you please turn on
>
> CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE	ON
>
> 	And then send us back the output (after /Building executable
> /Users/gk/vtk/VTK/bin/vtk.../)

I think this is the line you wanted:

c++        -Wno-deprecated -no-cpp-precomp -fPIC  vtkTkAppInit.o    -o
/Users/gk/vtk/VTK/bin/vtk  -L. -L/Users/gk/vtk/VTK/bin -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lvtkCommonTCL -lvtkFilteringTCL -lvtkGraphicsTCL -lvtkImagingTCL
-lvtkIOTCL -lvtkRenderingTCL -lvtkPatentedTCL -lvtkRendering -lvtkftgl
-lvtkfreetype -framework AGL -framework OpenGL -lSM -lICE -lSM -lICE
-lX11 -lXext -lX11 -lXext -framework Cocoa -framework Tk -lvtkPatented
-lvtkIOTCL -lvtkIO -lvtkDICOMParser -lvtkpng -lvtktiff -lvtkzlib
-lvtkjpeg -lvtkexpat -lvtkGraphicsTCL -lvtkGraphics -lvtkImagingTCL
-lvtkImaging -lvtkFilteringTCL -lvtkFiltering -lvtkCommonTCL
-lvtkCommon -framework AppKit -lpthread -lm -framework Tcl

In any case, you can go to <http://www.sci.utah.edu/~gk/vtk/> to get
the full story!  I will try to keep this page updated with painfully
detailed instructions for building VTK, since I have not been able to
find anything online that actually works.

Gordon