[vtkusers] Question for using VTK in Linux

Chris Heier chris at enygma.tv
Tue Jan 13 18:10:25 EST 2004

Ok, I have just installed VTK.  Now, I am quite a biginner at
programming and whatnot, but I noticed in the testing.txt file, there is
a section stating:

cd VTK/Graphics/Testing/Tcl
/path/to/VTK/bin/vtk yourScript.tcl

Now, on my computer, I have VTK in '/home/cheier/Software/VTK', but in
the bin directory, there is no vtk.  I did a make install, and vtk isn't
in the /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin folder at all.  I searched my entire
computer and the only vtk names I could find are folders.  Did I do
something wrong, or is there something I just missed?

Chris Heier