[vtkusers] undefined smbols in linker: ie. vtkCellArray::GetNextCell

Martin Dunschen zabaione at uk2.net
Sun Jan 11 19:06:17 EST 2004

Thanks Mathieu

Sorry, I missed the fact that GetNextCell is inlined.

I tried the latest stable release, v4.2 with your suggestions of fixing
some (char *) casts.
I also tried v4.4 from CVS, and the linking problem is the same.

After your email I thought there is maybe an issue with inlined
functions, but not all 'undefined symbols' are inline functions.

So, I am clueless.  (I dont think it has to do with VTK's source code,
must be something I am missing when building the libraries, or how I
build my executable. Please see a dump of the linker error message in
my earlier posting).

Anybody else experience with C++ and VTK on Mac OS X?

Thanks again,

Martin