FW: [vtkusers] Combined surface + wireframe view

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Fri Jan 9 17:56:38 EST 2004

Hi Malcolm,

That did the trick – thanks.

To achieve the combined view I am using vtkAppendPolyData with 2 inputs

        vtkUnstructuredGrid->vtkGeometryFilter  -------------  1

                                    |------ vtkFeatureEdges -- 2

changing the cell scalar attribute data in vtkFeatureEdges before it is
connected to vtkAppendPolyData to get the required edge colour. Is there
an easier route?

By setting the actor colour the same as the background, I was hoping to
get the effect of a "hidden" wire frame. It would be very useful to have
a vtkProperty::SetLineColor() to avoid messing with the scalar
attributes to get the colours through a LUT (EdgeVisibility would be
better still).

Thanks again.

John Platt