[vtkusers] Linking errors while setting up vtk4.2 in vc++

Muralidharan Dhanakoti murali at uab.edu
Fri Jan 9 09:16:04 EST 2004

Hello all,

When I attempt to run the example code "cone.cxx" (in the tutorials
directory) from vtk4.2 distribution I face some linking errors

I'am using VC++6.0 and I have given all the possible .lib files that
this project might be using (infact i even tried giving all the .lib
files in the lib directory of vtk42).

This is the linking error

Cone.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkRenderWindow::AddRenderer(class vtkRenderer *)"
(__imp_?AddRenderer at vtkRenderWindow@@QAEXPAVvtkRenderer@@@Z)

I had previously been using vtk3.2 where I had to just include the
vtkdll.lib and I dint have to go through this painful process.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated,
Murali.