[vtkusers] How do I change color of vtkCubeAxesActor2D axes?

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed Jan 7 08:54:17 EST 2004

Hi Maynard,

For actors in VTK, color is handled by a property object.  The code (in
C++) to change the color of a cube axes actor to red is as follows:

vtkCubeAxesActor2D *cube = vtkCubeAxesActor2D::New();
cube->GetProperty()->SetColor(1, 0, 0);

If you want to change the color of the axis titles or labels, this is also
handled through properties.  To get the property you call
GetAxisTitleTextProperty or GetAxisLabelTextProperty, respectively.

- Amy