[vtkusers] Polygon count after decimation

Jenny Simpson simpson at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jan 6 14:49:31 EST 2004

I've been able to get the number of polygons in my dataset before
decimation, but I don't know how to get the actual number of polygons that
are rendered after the decimation algorithm has executed.  I get the same
polygon count wherever I check it, with or without decimation on,
suggesting that I'm getting the pre-decimation count.  I'm using the
vtkDecimatePro object for the decimation.  Any ideas on how to get the
polygon count *after* decimation has occurred?

Thanks,

Jenny Simpson
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
University of Utah