[vtkusers] Large Image, white rectangle

Joe Miller lpe540 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 11:02:07 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm new to VTK and trying to read in and display large
2D images (2000 x 2000). However, when I try and
render the image all I get is a white rectangle. A
simple program I wrote

<snip>
pngReader->SetFileName ("lg_img.png");
imageActor->SetInput (pngReader->GetOutput ());
renderWindow->AddRenderer (renderer);
renderWindowInteractor->SetRenderWindow
(renderWindow);
renderer->AddActor (imageActor);

renderWindow->SetSize(300,300);
renderWindow->Render ();
renderWindowInteractor->Start ();
<snip>

works great with smaller images but simply produces a
white rectangle I can rotate with larger ones.

I noticed in the archive there were a few mentions of
texture maps having similar problems. They described a
hardware issue that the hardware can only handle
texture maps of certain proportions. I was wondering
if anyone knew if I was experiencing the same problem
and had any suggestsions of a workaround.

Thanks in advance

-joe