[vtkusers] vtk movies

Alex Peckham ap0345 at bris.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 08:51:01 EST 2004

Hi,

I am currently working on a C++/VTK program that amongst other things will create AVIs (the main purpose of the program is to take 3d hyperslices through 4d data sets).

The method is fairly simple; I will use the BMPWriter class to create a sequence of BMPs, and then I have existing C++ code that can convert this BMP sequence into an uncompressed AVI.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a VTK class that will write AVIs directly, but I can send some example C++ code of how to convert a sequence of BMPs into an AVI if it would help (the code is for Windows platforms).

Hope this helps,

Alex Peckham

University of Bristol