[vtkusers] 3D surface from 2d contours

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Feb 26 20:53:37 EST 2004

Simon,

   This approach has come many times in this ML, and again I'll say the same thing. This is a very bad approach. Just think of the carotid arteries near the bifurcation how do you do to create a 3D surface from a slice before the bifurcation and one after ?

  I strongly suggest you to have directly a 3D approach.

  Other than that you still can use filter like vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter or vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction

  Or a simple approach could be, find the max number of point in your arrays of lines. Then subsample each polydata into this number of points. Make sure, for example, that  vertex 0 of each polydata is aligned in the z direction. then draw a line along all vertices 0, vertices 1, vertices 2 ...

my 2 cents,
Mathieu