[vtkusers] 4.4 documentation doesn't build

Theodore D. Sternberg tdsternberg at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 25 13:40:33 EST 2004

Is there a place to download the Doxygen documentation from?  I'm unable
to build it.  First, ccmake doesn't ask if you want documentation.
Second, if I edit CMakeCache.txt to set BUILD_DOCUMENTATION:BOOL=ON it
still doesn't build the documentation.  I do have doxygen and dot.

On my next attempt, I tried building just what's under
VTK/Utilities/Examples; "ccmake ../VTK/Utilities/Doxygen".  Still no go;
it tells me

  CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operatation
  /Utilities/Doxygen/doxyfile.tmp

I can see, from Utilities/Doxygen/CMakeLists.txt, a line that reads

  CONFIGURE_FILE(
    ${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Utilities/Doxygen/doxyfile.in

so I checked CMakeCache.txt for "VTK_SOURCE_DIR".  There's no
VTK_SOURCE_DIR there, but there is a "Project_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC" and it's
set to the correct path to VTK/Utilities/Doxygen.

Any ideas?  One way or another I'd like to have a local copy of the docs
for when Kitware goes off line in the next seven days.

Theodore Sternberg
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory