AW: AW: [vtkusers] Error message when the application is ended

jiang jiang at TI.Uni-Trier.DE
Wed Feb 25 11:18:33 EST 2004

Hi, David,
Thank you for your hint. I look through my code. There is no such registered
object in my code.
It is really strange. Could you tell me if there are some other cases that
will cause my problem?
Why is VTK so strict for its objects?

Thanks again!

Chunyan Jiang
  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: david michell [mailto:davidmichell at rediffmail.com]
  Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2004 16:15
  An: jiang
  Betreff: Re: AW: [vtkusers] Error message when the application is ended

  assume you have something like this
  case 1)

  vtkRenderer *rn=vtkRenderer::New();
  vtkRenderer *temp;
  temp=rn;/// when you do something like this then you have to register
  rn->Register(this);//this increases ref count of rn by 1

  //later when you no longer need temp you do

  temp->Delete();// now ref count of rn is reduced by one

  case2)
  the other way is to not register and not delete

  vtkRenderer *rn=vtkRenderer::New();
  vtkRenderer *temp;
  temp=rn;
  //forget about Register() and Delete(),but this is not a good way