[vtkusers] Re: Installing VTK 4.2 on PC

Laurent Mundeleer lmundele at ulb.ac.be
Wed Feb 25 09:21:30 EST 2004

Hi Andres,

I'm not sure, but when I read you, you seems to forget the 3)
After configuring your build with cmake, you need to compile and build
the vtk package.
To do that, click on the VTK.dsw to open the Visual Studio project, and
build the BUILD_ALL project.
Once it is done, you can try to compile a vtk example, first using cmake
to configure it, as for the vtk package, and then building it in Visual
Studio.

Laurent

>Message: 1
>From: "Andres Kurkit" <sergio_monagas at hotmail.com>
>To: vtkusers at vtk.org
>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:41:57 +0000
>Subject: [vtkusers] Installing VTK 4.2 on PC
>
>Hello,
>I am trying to install VTK 4.2 on my PC (Windows XP). I am following
>the instructions included in the Readme file that came with VTK:
>
>PC Installation
>
>  1) Install the VTK 4.2 distribution by unzipping into the
>     appropriate directory.
>
>  2) Execute CMakeSetup. This will pop-up a little
>     GUI that allows you to tailor the build. It then starts
>     building .dsw and .dsp files for Microsoft, or makefiles for
>Borland.
>     You'll have to tell CMakeSetup where you've placed your VTK source
>     code, and where to build the object code and dll's
>     (we'll call it "vtkbin").
>
>  3) When CMakeSetup completes, start up msdev and load VTK.dsw.
>     Select ALL_BUILD project, and build it.
>

>I have unzipped the source to C:\VTK and am now trying to get the cmake
>stuff to work. I start CMakeSetup and then set the source directory to
>c:\vtk and the destination directory to c:\vtk\builds. I select Build For
>Visual Studio. I then click
>configure as OK is grayed out.
>
>After that, I try to run one of the available examples in
>Vtk/Examples/Rendering/Tcl
>and It shows the following error:
>cant not find package vtk while executing "package require vtk"
>
>What is the Problem in the installion?
>

>Thanks

>Correos más divertidos con fotos y textos increíbles en MSN 8. Pruébalo
>gratis dos meses. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=es-es&XAPID=45&DI=1055

Laurent Mundeleer
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Service des Systèmes Logiques et Numériques (SLN) CP165/57
50, Av. F.Roosevelt
1050 Bruxelles
Belgium
tel : ++32.2.650.22.97