[vtkusers] How to add an axes to the render widow?

An Jiye an_jiye at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 19:14:29 EST 2004

Thank you, Shyam. That's a good idea.

Now I still keep the axes the same renderer with other actors(isosurfaces).
And set it's origin to (0,0,0). This will make it looks like a real axes
hower I manipulate the camera. Before real rendering, I will calculate the
maximum size of the bounding boxes of all the other actors, using
vtkActor::GetBounds(). Then I will scale the axes actor by the calculated
result, using SetScale().

It works currently. But I want to make clear, does calling SetScale() to the
axes actor affect the camera? I am afraid the scaling will affect my later
picking operation and cause it returning false positions.

If it does, I will turn to two renderers' solution.

Thank you again.

An Jiye