[vtkusers] Running VTK 4.2 with Python 2.3 & GUI preferences

Gavin W. Burris aka 86 ga5in at psu.edu
Tue Feb 24 11:58:39 EST 2004

Karl Garsha wrote (on Mon, 23 Feb 2004 at 11:46):
>     As far as GUI choices go, wxWindows is tough to beat.  Especially if
> you want your program to run on various platforms without the added
> complexity of running an X11 windowserver on top of Windows or OS X.

> I keep coming back to wxPython because it works across platforms
> without much fuss and it is reasonably responsive.

I came to the same conclusions.  But I'm just getting started with VTK
and wxPython.  Could you post a simple example of creating a VTK
rendering window with an interactor, please?

I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly.  After bouncing around docs
looking for the proper way to do it, I still get a window I have to
manually resize before things look right.

Cheers,
--
Gavin W. Burris aka 86
Senior Systems Programmer