[vtkusers] Sliced unstructured grid

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Mon Feb 23 15:35:57 EST 2004

Terry,

I am no expert in VTK, but I have implemented many features in C++ (MFC). I
used the vtkCutter on an unstructured grid (finite element meshes of the
order of 10000 grid points) and I have no trouble (i.e. instantaneous
rendering - can move the cutter through the mesh instantaneously to plot
pressure map on the cut surface). It may be an issue either with (a) size of
meshes (grids), (b) speed of PC (c) language (are you using an interpreted
language?) or (d) more complex issues relating to basic graphics (OPENGL
etc.).

This may not be much help, but I just wanted to assure you that under
reasonable circumstances (10000 points, C++, Laptop, PIII 750HZ, 256MB RAM,
32 MB Video, Windows 2000) the vtkCutter should work well.

Regards,

Jim