[vtkusers] Problem in correctly rotating vtkCylinderSource

Dimitris Andritsos jimandr at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:17:51 EST 2004

Dear all,

I have a (relatively simple I guess) problem in rotating vtkCylinderSource.
The cylinder that is constructed from vtkCylinderSource is y Axis aligned.
For my program I need the cylinder to be z Axis aligned. So I am
constructing the cylinder and then applying a vtkTransform to rotate it
around the X axis by 90 degrees. However although the new alignment of the
cylinder is correct, the center of the cylinder is not the original one. I
have tried various things in order to change the alignment of the cylinder
and simultaneously keep it at the same center however without any success.

I would greatly appreciate any help on that matter.

Best regards,
Dimitris