[vtkusers] Using VTK with Java on Mac OS X

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sun Feb 22 01:06:45 EST 2004

> Dear Garsha, Robert, VTK-users and VTK-developers!
>
> I have developed a software based on Java, called the Orbit Visualization
> Tool (http://ovt.irfu.se) wich uses VTK. I have compiled VTK with Java
> wrapping on Mac OS X, and could get my software running, but unfortunately
> with a blank visualization window.
>
> I wrote a couple of times to this mailing list, but my e-mals, as well as
> your e.mails, were ignored by everybody.
>
> That's why I ask the developers - do you know about this problem, and if
> so - what is your attitude to it?
>
> Do you know the reason of this problem and do you have any plan to fix
> it?

Mykola,

   We really do appreciate your work to port VTK to FreeBSD. But as Prabhu said Mac has been a very fast changing plateform, and not very used by the community.

  Could you just please fill a bug report as complete as possible to :
    http://vtk.org/Bug/

  If possible attach a simple java code to reproduce the problem. Also please include the VTK version you are using.

Thanks
Mathieu