[vtkusers] So, should I buy the books?

Jeremy Winston jbw at ieee.org
Fri Feb 20 07:12:35 EST 2004

Ji Soo Yi wrote:

> Are there any online tutorial? I found an online reference manual and
> some online brief tutorials. But, I couldn't find any elaborated online
> material. It means that I should the books they published?

There are plenty of materials online, but you should still buy the
books, because:

1) They give you a good intro to visualization,
2) They give you a good intro to the design & philosophy of vtk,
3) Proceeds from book sales support the vtk documentation effort.

If GA Tech teaches a course that requires the texts, it's likely
you'll be able to buy them at the school bookstore at a discount.

-Jeremy