[vtkusers] picking and glyphing

Luke Hua luke_qz at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 13:33:32 EST 2004

Hi, how are you!

I used vtkPointPicker to pick points on the surface and used vtkglyph3D to store the picked point. However, after I picked 10-20 point, all the object on the render window disappeared.

My snippet:

  if(this->pt_empty==0){
   pt_ID=sel_pt->InsertNextPoint(x);
   sel_pd->SetPoints(sel_pt);

   ptglyph->SetInput(sel_pd);
   ptglyph->SetSource(sel_sphere->GetOutput());

   ptglyphMapper->SetInput(ptglyph->GetOutput());
   ptglyphMapper->ScalarVisibilityOff();

   ptglyphActor->SetMapper(ptglyphMapper);
   ptglyphActor->GetProperty()->SetDiffuseColor(1, 0.0, 0.0);
   this->pt_empty=1;
  }else{
   pt_ID=sel_pt->InsertNextPoint(x);

   ptglyph->Modified();