[vtkusers] which vtk classes to use?

lisa hughes lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:31:05 EST 2004

Hey vtkusers,

Say I already have a 3D unstructured mesh

and I have generated points which I seed within this mesh via a random
gaussian generator of spherical shape.  So basically i have a bunch of
'spheres' at various locations (inside my 3D mesh), and inside of each
sphere are points that have been randomly generated.   Then for each sphere
I have one scalar value associated with it (say an average velocity value of
all the points that were contained within that one sphere)

and I would also like to slice through the mesh according to some normal
and then color code the sliced mesh according to velocity info I have (via
those random points within each sphere location)

So far, I was able to just color code just the points that I've seeded, so
basiclaly u just see a bunch of discrete points, of some color, within my 3D
mesh (i didint slice it yet)

but say i want each of my 'spheres' to take up 1 mm squared of my screen (i
dont know how many pixels that would be?) and  i want to color-in those set
of pixels according to that single scalar value associated with that sphere

how can i represent this?
glyphs?? i have no clue where to start at this point!
thanks in advance!! any help is truly appreciated