[vtkusers] auto-update renderer ?

Laurent Mundeleer lmundele at ulb.ac.be
Wed Feb 18 10:55:50 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'd like to update an actor in my renderer every x ms (like for an
animation, or in this case for tracking).
I have a vtkRenderWindow, a vtkRenderWindowInteractor, and a custom
interactorStyle inheritated from vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.
This is what I've tried :
I have overrided vtkInteractorStyle::OnTimer, adding a few lines to move
an actor.
But I don't know how to specify that OnTimer must be call every second
for example. In fact, it's never called, so maybe I didn't choose the
right function to override.
Is there any function who's called often in the interactor ? Or could I
handle an automatic and periodic event ?

Thanks for any help.

Laurent

Laurent Mundeleer
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Service des Systèmes Logiques et Numériques (SLN) CP165/57
50, Av. F.Roosevelt
1050 Bruxelles
Belgium
tel : ++32.2.650.22.97