[vtkusers] error while using static libraries

varshini varshini vvarshini at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:24:47 EST 2004

hai all,

I am using vtk for the past couple of months.I am able to compile and use
successfully when I use shared libraries for one of my projects. But when I
try to use static libraries I get linking errors.I have pasted the errors
below:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int
__thiscall vtkXMLWriter::Write(void)" (__imp_?Write at vtkXMLWriter@@QAEHXZ)
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
void __thiscall vtkXMLWriter::SetByteOrderToLittleEndian(void)"
(__imp_?SetByteOrderToLittleEndian at vtkXMLWriter@@QAEXXZ)
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
void __thiscall vtkXMLWriter::SetByteOrderToBigEndian(void)"
(__imp_?SetByteOrderToBigEndian at vtkXMLWriter@@QAEXXZ)
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
void __thiscall vtkXMLImageDataWriter::SetInput(class vtkImageData *)"
(__imp_?SetInput at vtkXMLImageDataWriter@@QAEXPAVvtkImageData@@@Z)
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
static class vtkXMLImageDataWriter * __cdecl
vtkXMLImageDataWriter::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkXMLImageDataWriter@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

does anyone know how to remove these errors.

Thanks in advance